Monash University has strong research capabilities in the education field. Informed by a critical, multidisciplinary approach, our education researchers are committed to finding solutions to the educational problems we face today.
We conduct ground-breaking and influential research in a range of areas, most notably teacher education, mathematics education, science education, literacy education, curriculum, and the social contexts of schooling.
Our research activities are strongly translational and focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes for all children, young people and adults, particularly those from diverse backgrounds and circumstances.
- Teaching/Technology Learning Centre (TLC)
- Faculty of Education Learning Commons (in development)
Working with industry
Our education researchers engage with local and global communities and industries. We have forged strong partnerships with a variety of industry partners, including:
- Victorian Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (DEECD)
- Australian Government Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR)
- Catholic Education Office
These and other partners chose to work with Monash because of the breadth and depth of our expertise in education research. Our researchers have a direct impact on education through commissioned and independent research on curriculum and workforce development.
- Teacher education
- Mathematics and science curriculum
- Social contexts of schooling
- Higher, vocational and post-compulsory education
- Early childhood and primary education research
- Languages and literacy education